How accurately you’re able to shoot with your rifle?
Well, most of the answer lies within the level of your experience and the rifle you’re equipped with. But you can’t ignore the effect of the quality of the scope on your performance. In fact, the best rifle scope can help you to zoom into the target zone, and lock in exactly where your target point is.
But as there are a number of reputed manufacturers, it’s hard to find the best one among them. And when it comes to choosing the best model for your purpose, it’s even harder. So, it would be best if you let an expert handle the situation instead.
And that’s what we’ve done in this piece of article. This is the collective review of the best rifle scope under $300 of today’s market. The reason of us sticking around $300 range is, this is the price where you can meet both of the ends of price and quality.
To come up with this entire list, we’ve gone through almost 10+ brands, 50+ products, 800+ user’s reviews and a number of statistical data. A team of expert hunters has helped up to verify everything we said with what works on the field. A gratitude to their tremendous efforts so far.
So, without making the introduction longer, let’s glide to our top picks of today-If you have a higher budget you might want to take a look at our round-up of the best rifle scope under $400.
Table Of Content:
Best Rifle Scope Under $300 in 2020
Here is the list of under $300 rifle scopes.
- Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm with Duplex Reticle
- Nikon ProStaff 5 3.5-14×40 BDC
- Mueller Target Rifle Scope Black
- Vortex Optics Diamondback
- Bushnell Trophy Xtreme 6-24×50 Reticle
You may find many rifle scopes in the market for under 300 dollars but we very confirm that all of that products are not as good as the listed five rifle scopes. A very few numbers of them can be near qualified but the same quality comparing of these five rifle scopes in the market is near about zero. So, you can surely and undoubtedly you can get the best rifle scope from the list with the budget. If you have the minimum idea about rifle scopes manufacturer, you notice all of the mentioned manufacturers are well known and established brand
Best Rifle Scopes under $300 Reviewed
All of these rifle scope enlisted above are not inexpensive and the role of a rifle scope for hunting is a major fact. That is why, when you intend to buy a scope for hunting, there is so much information about rifle scope you need to know which are present below. Summarising important features, which one is best for your environment, and all necessary information about the rifle scopes we make the next part. Take a look bellow
1. Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm with Duplex Reticle
Welcome to the #1 pick of our list of best rifle scopes under $300. It’s Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm Riflescopefromthebrand Leupold. We loved simply everything about this product, and we’re that you’ll be one of us.
Leupold the brand is a family-owned brand having a century-long heritage of supplying the highest quality optics. Even the Navy SEALs and United States Marine Corps are among the regular users of thus branded optics.
Happy with the brand? Now let’s go through the detailed features of the scope-
Hunters are always concerned about the precision and accuracy of their shoot. On that note, the one clicks adjustment of Leupold VX-2 will surely help you in this case. The elevation and windage that it offers, is certainly something that every hunter desire.
It’s waterproof, fog-proof and surprisingly, shockproof as well. The diamond-coated lens of the exterior is ready to undergo almost every odd of hard uses. We certainly didn’t expect a scope under such price range that withstands every odd. Thanks to Leupold, the brand.
One Leupold exclusive feature is its exceptional brightness and super sharp resolution of the target site. The mechanism behind is called the index-matched lens system(IMLS), invented and implemented by Leupold itself.
Leupold vx2 3-9×40 Features
- Aluminummadeone-piece housing is a super tactical scoping system.
- Maximum light transmission with Leupold Quantum Optical System.
- Diamond Coat protection against water, fog, and shocks.
- Ballistic aiming system for better and precise among to the target.
- Parallax correction enabled for a distance of up to 150 yards.
- Tactical power indicator for pre-assuming your shooting range.
2. Nikon ProStaff 5 3.5-14×40 BDC
Nikon PROSTAFF 5 BDC Riflescope is our next pick of the 5 best long-range rifle scope under $300. As a brand, Nikon has already made its place among hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. Now it’s time to check the worth of this scope from Nikon.
The first thing that we appreciated about this product is it’s simple and secure design. The Prostaff body is 17.2 ounces in weight and 13.6 inches in length. It won’t put so much weight on the rifle. So, you can almost forget about the extra weight that scopes use to add.
Now it comes about how close you can get to the object with Nikon Prostaff.
Well, as long as the 14x magnification and 4x zooming ratio is concerned, we think it has got the right magnifying power that professional hunters need. Also, it makes zooming in and out so easy with the simple adjustment at the base of the scope.
The good quality coating of the Prostaff rifle scope will sometimes let you see better in certain situations. As the light can move through the lends pretty well, you can target and shoot at literally any amount of light.
Again, another hand has been given by the strong BDC reticle used in this model. Due to the series of the see-through circle, it can aim better in long-ranged shots.
The special Nikon Ballistic Match Technology will assist you more with this. It works to get you a proper aiming through a wide variety of yardage. You can assume proper elevational or another sort of bullet drops with ease.
We are pleased with everything Nikon Prostaff Rifle Scope has got. What do you think?
Nikon Prostaff 5 ffp Features
- A pretty brought lens with maximum optical transparency.
- Simple, secure and lightweight design to feel comfortable on the top of the rifle.
- You can get a better view of the target site with its ability to adjust and focus better.
- Seethroughballisticcircleswill assists you in the super-long-range shooting.
- Featured by Nikon’s patented BDC.
- Quick response time to adjust the focus of the eyepiece on target.
3. Mueller Target Rifle Scope Black
When you get in search of a good quality scope, you keep two things in mind. One- it should let you clearly see the distant target without stressing your eyes. Another- it should give you ease and comfort to control the accuracy.
Considering both of the demands, we’ve got something that will satisfy you to the fullest. The product is Mueller 8-32 x 44mm Target Rifle Scope. It’s cheap, compact and fully featured for day-to-day use. We will show you the features in details-
Hitting a precise target is a game of accuracy and speed. Any hunting enthusiast will agree that the chance of you missing the target or not, relies on how fast you can reach it through your scope. The clear optics and fast focusing eyepiece of Mueller 8-32 x 44mm Target Rifle Scope will allow you to do so within a second.
The 32x high magnifying capability of this 8-32 x 44mm Rifle Scope will bring the small target or distant object pretty close to your eyes. Besides, it minimizes the odds of missing a target so precisely. So, you are all the way to go for a perfect hit.
Mueller 8-32 x 44mm Target Rifle Scope is a great fit for outdoor hunting, as it’s supreme brightness and clarity is there. It won’t create any shadow effects due to shadow effects. Also, it will also help you to get to the target in neon-bright scenarios as well.
Target rifle scope features
- 30 mm sturdy and compact tube construction to withstand day-to-day uses.
- The large turret will do an audible clicking noise to help you to click precisely on the position.
- 32x high magnification that remains accurate even for the longest of the objects.
- Micro-target dot for precise and accurate targeting.
- Edge to edge clarity and fast forward focusing power.
- A low-cost alternative for the even higher class of performance.
4. Vortex Optics Diamondback
This part of the review is for those hunters, who’re in search of a decent quality scope, but don’t want it to break the bank. To be specific, this is the cheapest product that sticks to its promises of quality. UTG 3-9X50 1″ Hunter Scope is a product from UTG, and ranks #4 on the list.
Three of the basic durability parameter- shockproof, waterproof and fog proof, is there to keep your hunting on, even in od situations. In addition, it’s sealed with Nitrogen gas, which strengthens it’s a sight a lot.
Windage and elevation can’t bother your shooting accuracy anymore, as long as you have the zero resetting and zero locking feature from this excellent scope. It offers the most consistent ¼ MOA per click.
Also, we highly appreciate the adjustable parallax of this scope. You can adjust it from 5 yards to infinity(theoretically) range of distance.
Apart from these special features, we have found a complete weaver ring set, good quality flip-n-open lens caps, and everything else that a good quality scope should have.
Vortex Diamondback Features
- Housed in a completely sealed built-in True Strength platform.
- This nitrogen sealed compartment is protected against weather, water, fog, and shocks.
- Adjustable parallax from 5 yards to infinity.
- Zero resettings and zero locking feature for precise shooting.
- A very comfortable price-quality ratio within budget.
No products found.
5. Bushnell Trophy Xtreme 6-24×50 Reticle
We are at the bottom of our product list of best rifle scopes under $300. But still, we are still happy with the Bushnell Trophy Xtreme 756245B, our #5 raked pick of today. It’s a purpose-built scope for hunters especially. But when it comes to targeted range shooting, it plays pretty well.
The body itself is made of a 30mm tube, dedicated to oversized objectives. When you’re in hunting under a gloomy sky or in a dark forest, lack of light may bother you a lot. But Bushnell Trophy Xtreme 756245B is a good scope that will do better light and brightness transmission.
The focus piece is pretty easy to operate. This fast and responsive focus control will let you aim at a distant target in almost no time.
When we talk about the lens, the very next term we come into is the lens coating. Because it defines how many odds or years a scope can withstand. On that note, we ensure you that Bushnell Trophy Xtreme 756245B will be a great win. It has got a premium quality HD lens coating to face roughly to rougher weather conditions.
It’s 90% dry nitrogen filled, just like any other best scope under 300 of the list.
Also, it has got a very familiar ¼ MOA fingertip elevation and windage correction. You’ll have a number of configuration choices including one illuminated reticle and two longs ranged reticle.
Bushnell Trophy Xtreme scope Features
- 24x premium magnification.
- Multiple reticle configuration choices offered.
- Waterproof, shockproof and fog proof.
- Filled with 90% Nitrogen.
- Easy to operate, and responsive in focusing.
- Completely multi-coated lenses.
Remember When Buying a Scope under 300 USD
When your budget for a rifle scope is at $300 point, you can expect something more than a typical one. Here are three of the most primitive ones-
- Firstly, it’s durability. You can certainly expect a scope built of premium quality metal which can undergo some abuses as well.
- Next on, they must meet the requirements of being shock-proof and fog-proof. It should be shockproof because you want it to withstand the heavy recoiling force of the rifle. And fog-proof because if it builds fog in the inner lenses, nothing else can be done with that scope.
- You can put waterproof and submersible on your wish list. But if you’re roaming around a $300 range, you can be hard-pressed to find something like Aim point or ACOG.
Thanks for being until the very end of the article. We pick the Best Rifle Scope Under $300 from the numerous scopes of the market. Maybe you have decided one to buy or may not. But we want to help you once again by announcing the best performing rifle scope among this from our experience. Fortunately, we use all of these but I never notice specific claims against these scopes. But one of these is extraordinary and seems more effective.
Considering the structure, scoping responsiveness, protectiveness, and price, we think Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm Riflescope is the one that deserves the crown of best rifle scope under 300 dollars. Clear vision, adjustment control, durability, operating access all the properties are more special than the others. For this reason, we believe that the most clever decision is keeping Leupold VX-2 3-9x40mm as the first choice before buying a rifle scope.